Employing FMS facility maintenance services is a big decision. When you think about it, the management and operation of your business is being put into the hands of another party. It could either make or break your company. Therefore, it is important that you bring professionals in these types of services on board. Let’s put it this way: you wouldn’t want to conduct a factory renovation with people who have very little or no experience in that particular field, would you?
For all of this weight on the shoulders, hiring facility maintenance services can be quite advantageous.
What exactly is FMS?
FMS facility maintenance services maintain and repair an array of equipment and vehicles necessary for custodial work. They also manage maintenance logs and the inventory of adequate parts to guarantee available equipment. Generally speaking, these services include keeping spaces, structures, and infrastructure in proper operating condition. It does this in a routine fashion to prevent deterioration and/or failure.
Facility maintenance is typically under the direction of a facility manager. Alternatively, it is outsourced from a facilities maintenance services provider.
Hard vs. Soft Facility Maintenance Services
Facility maintenance services fall under two categories: hard FMS and soft FMS.
Hard facility maintenance services are services that are structured within the building. They are not removable due to being part of the intricate workings of a building. You could say that it’s the exact opposite of modular construction, where certain components (i.e. modules) are built within a factory and then transported to where they need to be.
These services relate to the employees’ safety, welfare, and health, and the law requires them. Examples are:
- Building maintenance (including elevators and other systems)
- Air conditioning
Soft facility management services offer a comparatively more comfortable environment to work and live in. Moreover, the law requires a majority of them. Some examples include:
- Systems for fire safety
- Window cleaning, as well as commercial window cleaning
- Commercial janitorial services
All facilities need efficient cleaning and maintenance services. Businesses practicing “preventive maintenance” and “good housekeeping” usually operate in an orderly manner. Office or site visitors and employees will take comfort in being in a safe and tidy environment. Furthermore, the workplace enforces productivity and healthy well-being. The washrooms need to be clean and appropriately stocked and there needs to be good ventilation throughout the establishment. Additionally, the outdoor landscaping should be visually appealing.
- Enforces cleanliness: Preserving a clean building has an important part to play in keeping the workforce and customers healthy. Facility maintenance that provides services in deep-cleaning and disinfecting does more than reduce health risks. It also assures customers that you are taking their health very seriously. This is one of several ways that FMS generates value for their direct clients and also their clients’ customers.
- Builds an attractive environment: Employing proficient FMS almost guarantees that you will acquire and retain exceptional customer and employee satisfaction. When employees have all they need for a workplace, of course, they will be appreciative of that. Additionally, in return, they will provide better services.
- Cuts down on liabilities and maintenance cost: Good FMS companies will provide not only reactive repair service but also the aforementioned preventative maintenance. Performing this on electrical, lighting, and plumbing systems, as well as HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), extends their life expectancies. Rather than manage preventative tasks and their timelines, the best facility maintenance services will manage them for you. Duct cleaning, filter modifications, leak checks, they will do it all. This will save you time and money.
- Retains property value: This is especially valuable when the company is the owner of the premises on which they are conducting business. The conditions of the building and its facilities will obviously affect the value of a property. A building with proper maintenance will have a greater resale price when it is being sold.
Need a Quality & Tested Facility Maintenance Service?
Click here to see BUILD IT’s Facility Maintenance Services
FMS and professional images
Above all else, FMS facility maintenance services help with your business’s image. Much like GMP facility design, an appealing and operational environment is key to reflecting the significance of your business.
The first thing your clients will see is your building. Therefore, the structure’s condition sets the expectation these visitors will have about you. One way to ensure a positive first impression is to keep your office clean and well-maintained. Additionally, while not necessarily indicative of your company performance, an area that is dirty or dimly lit may insinuate that you are not considerate about the details.
This is arguably the main reason why you should use professional facility maintenance services. Not only will your building look presentable, but it will have a positive impact on your business. To learn about our maintenance services, contact us here BUILD IT’s contact info.